Back by popular demand! We will be launching our 2019 calendar at this years Scottish Rural Parliament, and you can win the chance to have your picture featured. Photos will be categorised as follows:
📷 Land 📷 Housing 📷 Climate change 📷 Business / enterprise 📷 Employment 📷 Transport (public or commercial) 📷 Digital broadband 📷 Mobile connectivity 📷 Innovation 📷 Recreation 📷 Community events 📷 Family life 📷
Pictures must be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday 13 June via email, see below for full instructions and T&Cs.
Each category will have a winner, these will be announced from Wednesday 4 July. Each category winner will receive a free copy of the final calendar, some SRA goodies, and will be featured in the calendar. Once we have the category winners, an overall winner will be selected. This winner will feature on the cover, and get two complimentary tickets to attend the Scottish Rural Parliament, including reasonable travel and accommodation. Please see below for full terms and conditions.
For inspiration, checkout some previous winners below!
Please read these Terms and Conditions before entering our 2019 Calendar Photo Competition.
- The competition is being run by Scottish Rural Action
- The competition has twelve categories which are based around the key themes of the Scottish Rural Parliament, which are available on our website.
- Submit your photo by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Photo Competition’ and the following information: title of photo, category, brief description of your photo, your name and telephone number
- You can submit lower resolutions images to the competition however a high resolution version must be available as we will require this if you are chosen as a winner (this must be a minimum of 1,500 pixels across but preferably 3,000+)
- The deadline for entries is by 5pm on Wednesday 13 June
- All entrants must be amateur photographers, i.e. not regularly paid for taking photographs
- All photographs must be the entrant’s own original work
- All photographs must be legally obtained with permission where appropriate
- If your photo features anyone who could be identifiable, you must have explicit consent from them for this image to be used as set out in these T&Cs
- If your photo features identifiable children under the age of 16, you must have consent from parents / guardians to submit the photo to the competition
- You can only submit one entry per category
- There will be one winner for each category
- The Scottish Rural Action team will shortlist and put forward 5 photos from each category to an online public vote
- Winners will be notified by email
- The winning photo of each category will be reproduced in the Scottish Rural Action calendar 2019 and exhibited at the Scottish Rural Parliament event in 2018
- The winner of each category will receive their winning photo in a calendar
- One overall winner will be selected to feature on the calendar cover, the winner will receive two complimentary tickets to the Scottish Rural Parliament in November 2018, including reasonable travel and accommodation
- No cash alternative will be offered
- On submitting photos to the competition, the entrant is agreeing to give Scottish Rural Action the right to free reproduction of entries in connection with the promotion of the photo competition and to be published in the Scottish Rural Action calendar 2019, and also agrees to the right to the free reproduction of entries on the Scottish Rural Action website, social media and general publicity materials
- Entry to this competition signifies acceptance of these rules