- This event has passed.
“YOUR VOICE MATTERS” – FUNDING FOR RURAL COMMUNITIES IN A POST BREXIT WORLD
September 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Placed-based funding from Europe has had a significant impact on community and economic development in rural Scotland for over 20 years and there are no indications that there are plans afoot to replace it. Will funding from other sources fill the void if European funding is not forthcoming? Will City Deals and Regional Economic Partnerships go some way to mitigating the issues arising when European funding is no longer available?
SRA is organising a number of regional workshops to clarify (amongst other things) whether rural communities:
• Are aware of and accessing alternative funding opportunities? If so, what are they?
• Are experiencing difficulties in accessing funding for their current activity and any new activity proposed? If so, what are they?
• Will provide good examples of projects that have been successful in attracting multi funding that we can showcase in November at our Annual conference?
We are also developing a regional approach to engaging with those living and working in rural Scotland and we are keen to hear your thoughts on what a rural movement in Scotland should look like from 2020 and beyond.
Anyone interested in attending this event please:
1. register at Eventbrite using the attached link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/your-voice-matters-funding-for-rural-communities-post-brexit-tickets-71250071883
2. e-mail Martin Mc Manus at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. phone Martin on 07551439622
So, come on have your say – your voice matters.