Scotland’s rural communities are jam-packed full of innovators. Addressing challenges such as transport, food and drink, housing and making the most of our assets. The Rural Innovators Awards are an opportunity to showcase that work on a national platform. Winners in each category received a fully-funded place at the Scottish Rural Parliament – from 14-16 November in Stranraer – and the opportunity to present their project to participants at the event.
The awards are open to a communities, public or private organisations and should be able to demonstrate innovation in meeting the needs of rural communities. It’s really easy to enter and you can enter your own project, or nominate another project.
This year, we have the following categories:
Environment and land use
Transport and infrastructure
Innovation in Dumfries and Galloway
Youth-led (up to 25)
Food and drink
Building rural communities
How to enter:
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Rural Innovators Award Entry’ – please clearly mark the category you are entering, otherwise your entry may not be considered.
- In your entry email please include:
- Named contact and their email address and phone number
- A brief summary of the project, and how it meets the criteria – max 400 words
- Where the project is based and if different what area it covers
- If you have a website, please include a link
- The deadline for entries is 5pm on 28 September 2018.
- You can only submit one entry per category.
The small print! Please read before entering.
- The competition is being run by Scottish Rural Action.
- There will be one winner for each category.
- Judges appointed by Scottish Rural Action will shortlist each category, the final decision will be made by the public via an online poll.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Winners will be invited to a attend the Scottish Rural Parliament and will have the opportunity give a short presentation about their entry. Reasonable travel and accommodation will be reimbursed.
- Winners will be expected to participate in publicity relating to the awards.
- Entry to this competition signifies acceptance of these rules.
- For more information about the Scottish Rural Parliament, click here.